Department of Defense Human Factors Engineering Technical Advisory Group (DoD HFE Virtual TAG) Meeting
Data Driven Decision Making
June 28, 2021 - June 30, 2021
Defense Collaboration Services (DCS)
Humans are often required to make decisions under time and contextual pressures, ever-changing environments, and incomplete or unclear data. Under these conditions, factors such as competing priorities, human condition, and perceived risk may compound to negatively impact the quality of these decisions. Advances and achievements in this area are anticipated to have broad application and implication across DoD and beyond. However, the efficacy of the approach to enhance decision quality is heavily dependent upon the quality of the underlying elements. Therefore, it is imperative that the HFE government, industry, and academic communities of interest work together to ensure best practices are balanced with security and governance as these core capabilities are developed.
VTAG 2021 will provide a collaboration environment for discussion of human centric challenges and potential solutions in order to forge the future of Data Driven Decision Making (DDDM) cross-service solutions.
- Thursday, May 27: Call for abstracts deadline
- Monday, May 31: Abstract acceptance notification
- Tuesday, June 1: Registration will open for everyone (including presenters)
- Friday, June 18: Deadline for confirmation response from presenters to the HFE TAG Chairs
- Wednesday, June 23: Registration closes for everyone (including presenters)
- Final agenda (full program) will be posted after abstracts have been confirmed.
Please see the website for details and the latest information.